Monday, June 4, 2007

Eve

In the beginning was information.

Life comes from life.
A message needs a sender.
Messages come from intelligence.
From Eve to Eve to Eve to Eve to Eve,
the DNA message is passed.
Not some random mutation creating new
information and life, but an intelligent code.
Look at the seeds on the ground and the leaves
on the trees. What do they mean?
Rothko's paintings have meaning, a deep cerebal
transmission of a message from him to us.
A faint message on a different level, but information
never the less.
Pollock's paintings speak of the spirit of that man and
his time. A message of existence of a straining to be heard,
" this too is painting, I am experiencing tangible information,
although faint, like looking at distant stars".
No matter how quite,
every painting good or bad like every grain of sand
speaks of the great information giver.

In the beginning was the Word and the Word was life.

Eve Painting 1995
1200x880mm

5 comments:

  1. This sounds a bit like you are trying to justify your religion to yourself

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, that would be like preaching to the converted. I don't have any doubts - my assurance runs very deep - emotionally, spirtually, logically, factually, historically, scientifically and I say that without arrogance. In fact the only doubt is in my ability and commitment to what I know to be true. But then again the Gospel is about an admission of ones spiritual poverty and the grace thats given to be reedeemed. This is not arrogance or justification on my part, but an aknowledgement of my state.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In fact the only doubt is in my ability and commitment to what I know to be true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a frank and honest admission from you antlion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry I didn't mean to confuse you this is what you said 'In fact the only doubt is in my ability and commitment to what I know to be true.' we all play mind games on ourselves I've also played this game and found it wanting, I therefore move on.

    ReplyDelete

Recent posts

Popular Posts

All Images Copyright D.Howard 2010