Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Portal

The Sky is Falling

This drawing/painting is unfinished. I am little bit
anxious about finishing it. Because, I like it, I don't want
to destroy it, only enhance. It's already working as a drawing,
on a few different levels, but has a few things that need finishing.
This is a cosmic type of event, a baptism in blood,
thrusting down from above. A portal from another
place, pouring and encapsulating the willing
head of a kneeling woman.
I am not sure if this is about belief,
transformation, bondage or servant hood.
But, the composure of the woman, is one
I have witnessed in people at different times.
Sort of a willing victim, to some sort of
overpowering transcendent force.


5 comments:

  1. Of course the ‘physicality’ of the work is unknown to me. But—the picture and you’re anxiety indicate leave it. It’s beautiful and more importantly powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, well I might stick it in a frame and see how she looks. Sometimes the bits you are uncomfortable with actually make the painting. Nice to have a second opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey David, Ben son of John and Katy here. :)

    Thanks for finding and adding me to this awesome blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi David,
    we've started an art opportunities noticeboard on our public art site you might like to take a gander at...http://hewcheefong-lmnoonan.blogspot.com/

    cheers

    ReplyDelete

Recent posts

Popular Posts

All Images Copyright D.Howard 2010