Saturday, December 26, 2009

Ashby

Bike Boys Mermaid Waters

This is an interesting photo from the past – I just received a negative and slide scanner for Xmas – the prices have dropped considerably and now are in my price range – around $100.

I just scanned this slide: which I took on the Gold Coast around 1977 at  Mermaid Waters. I have always liked this photo: mainly because of the dynamic and interesting composition, plus the mystery of no faces.

The bike is an Ashby, which I eventually bought of the guy in shorts. I stripped the bike down and bought some new sporty parts for it, changed the colour scheme and kept it as my main bike for the next 25 years.

One day soon, I will revisit the whole Gold Coast scene thing and produce a series of paintings, photos and videos – this one is definitely in the mix – I love the V8 symbol that can just be seen on the Ford’s front guard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent posts

Popular Posts

All Images Copyright D.Howard 2010