Sunday, January 3, 2010

Drought

NASA Nine

Well it’s been raining on and off for a few days now –  storms and big rain drops, a few leaking gutters and clogged drains. But during this, I have revisited the NASA series, and have almost finished number nine, and it’s about drought.

The above image was taken a day ago and the image below was taken last night. I have done a bit more today and will post later on.

NASA Nine 2

It’s coming along in the usual way – that is for a NASA painting – things sort of follow a set course – that is why I am confident in completing the series. Each work has it’s own set of problems though, and I have to be careful not to allow the work to drift to far in one direction – which this one is starting to do. It’s looking a bit too prescribed and formulaic – too neat and cartoon like – it needs a bit more messing up. As I move along with the work it will require, “The Treatment” which should sort it out.

This is the original sketch -

NASA 9 Sketch 

This is the sketch for NASA #10 – “Space Oddity of NASA” -

NASA 10 Sketch

Number 11 is entitled - “The Great Fires at NASA” – but a sketch has not been drawn yet – I better get my act together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent posts

Popular Posts

All Images Copyright D.Howard 2010