Friday, February 5, 2010

Late

IMG_2452

It’s getting late and I am becoming bleary eyed, and I am afraid I will be stung by this wasp that is just near my head.

wasp

It’s sitting on my computer speaker and cleaning itself – it’s a mud wasp, and thankfully they rarely attack due to their solitary nature – but it knows where I am and tracks my movements like a praying mantis.

I just wrote a short review for an art exhibition on my other blog ArtSmelter, which was fun. I also, looked through some images and decided to post two SquareScape paintings - that I normally keep hidden – because I am not that fond of them. But they are part of a series and they do have some redeeming features – so warts and all.

Squarescape Five SquareScape Five – Ellipse

Squarescape Two SquareScape Two – Weed

I have another SquareScape on the easel which needs to be finished. It’s different to these two and was initially formed by blasting the wet paint with a trigger bottle and allowing dribbles. I then built up a landscape image based on these semi-random paint marks. It’s almost finished but needs some whizz bang to make it shine and who knows what that will be. I will post a pic. when it’s done.

I have wondered about the merits of blogging………………………

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogger blues club. Cheer up, we need to take action. I am convinced--more than ever; that you missed your calling as an art critic. I thankyou from the bottom of my black, black heart for your words regarding 'shift'. I will treasure this review forever.
    When are you coming over?
    FP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I am glad you enjoyed the review FP. I am not depressed by Blogging just weighing up the benefits. When I visit we will talk, about this strange and weird garden of delights and speculation that has become the abode and attraction of millions.

    ReplyDelete

Recent posts

Popular Posts

All Images Copyright D.Howard 2010