Monday, May 10, 2010

Brisbane

Suburban LandscapeBefore I left Brisbane in the mid eighties, I was painting  the Brisbane Suburban landscape. The work above was from around 1988 (just before I left to move to the Sunshine Coast) and describes  the red, corrugated, steel roofing, dotted amongst the treed hills - typical of Brisbane's old Queenslander house style. It is drawn in acrylic and EE pencil on paper.

house 1This one is another old Queenslander house, that some friends of mine lived in at Morningside – they have the painting and this is the only surviving image I have – I am not sure if it still exists.This would have been painted around 1984 – I think by memory it was acrylic on canvas.

dancer 014eAfter moving to the Glasshouse Mountains region in the late eighties, I started experimenting with bigger canvas’s again – the above work, was one of the  first . Up to that time I had been, producing works on paper for around 5 years straight. At the time I was trying to reproduce what I had done on paper onto a larger format in paint only, sans pencil . The work is executed in acrylic on hardboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent posts

Popular Posts

All Images Copyright D.Howard 2010